8/12/08

First day of school, and First day of new job!!!

Today the chitlin started school. Ryan, being Mr. Senior, all-star football player, and on "exec", is of course already having a great year. They started the day out with an assembly, in which the executive counsil did a dance, with lights, in the dark. Pretty cool. (I always thought Ryan would be my shy one, yet he seems to be the one who is always performing some kind of dance in front of people...go figure).
Makenna was way excited, as this was her first official day at the high-school. No more middle school!!! YES! She is most excited that Ryan set her and her friends up with awesome lockers next to and in-between lots of hotties. (very important when you are 15...and a HALF!).
Austin...well, he's just Austin. Summer could be 2 years long, and he STILL wouldn't be excited about school starting. He didn't even know what he was going to wear until like 5 minutes before he left. But, he had a good day, and all is well. However, when I asked him if he liked his teachers, he was quick to inform me that they are all nice the first day, and then their true selves come out. (such a positive little guy, isn't he?)
And then there is me.
THE NEW JOB!!
Today I actually saw patients. No more orientation. (Home Health/Hospice). I loved it. I really did. It felt like I just spent a day flitting around town, visiting teaching, (except there's no gospel message, and I take people's blood pressure, and help them with their medication) and getting paid for it. Loved it. I got the young'ens off to school, went to work at 9, and was home by 2. Perfect.
The only downer to my day was that I went to Walmart (not a big fan)...and was talking on the phone when I went in...sooooo, naturally, I had NO CLUE where I parked when I came out. But, I wandered around a while, looking and feeling like a moron, and then finally found it. I just thought I would share that. See, now aren't we closer?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so funny, don't worry about wandering around like a moron, that is my new favorite thing to do in Lubbock. I am SO GLAD you love your job, it makes such a big difference, believe me I know. All of your pictures, love them, they are adorable. Love you girlfriend.

Megan said...

your page is so stimulating...theres so much going on i couldn't focus on one slide show at a time! its great! my cousins are so OLD!!! its crazy!

Smith Family said...

you always have me laughing out loud. i love it. your kids are so old and COOL. i feel a little intimidated, but i'm going to ask anyway... CAN WE COME TO THE RESERVOIR??? PLEASE? that looked so fun. love you guys!

Our Very Own Elder Butler

First Day Of School

Our Missionary

giving ryan a little lesson

giving ryan a little lesson

Makenna

Makenna
going to a stake dance

Tyson and Austin

Tyson and Austin
goofin' around

after it rained one day, Austin and his friends went 4-wheeling.

after it rained one day, Austin and his friends went 4-wheeling.
they got a little muddy

the three amigos

the three amigos
how sweet

Ryan...when we were at the Manti Pageant

Ryan...when we were at the Manti Pageant
with the beautiful temple behind him. June 2008

Austin...enjoying a snowcone

Austin...enjoying a snowcone
we were waiting for the pageant to begin

We call this our "nephite pose"

We call this our "nephite pose"
cuz...we're pretty sure nephites used to stand around just like this.

christmas time in front of the tree.

christmas time in front of the tree.

oh dad, you're such a kidder

oh dad, you're such a kidder

here we are again

here we are again

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Our family

Our family

Makenna - 15 years old. She's driving now, so watch out.

Makenna - 15 years old. She's driving now, so watch out.

all together...before Colten left for Mexico

all together...before Colten left for Mexico
look how cute we are

Austin - 12 years old

Austin - 12 years old
We're proud to report that little Austin here (who is not so little...the kid is 5'10" and 12 years old) is just one merit badge (camping) and a project away from getting his eagle.

Ready to go to the MTC!!

Ready to go to the MTC!!