Colten is doing so awesome. He is so happy. We love to hear his testimony and his excitement for the gospel. Here's is a part of one of his letters:
"I have gained such a testimony of the importance of prayer. I love the fact that nobody has to believe in the words that we tell them. I love telling people who are a lot older than me, and have seen a lot more things, that i dont know everything. I dont know what its like to have a kid, to not have work, or to have to pay bills. im young, and in MANY ways unexperienced in many things, but what i do know is that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints is the church of Jesus Christ here on the Earth. The best of our message is that we ALWAYS invite people to act. To pray and ask their Heavenly Father if the things that we are teaching them are true. Our message is amazing. It can get discouraging when so many people reject us, not even knowing what they are rejecting. The Church is true. If i choose to know one thing without doubt, i would choose to know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints is the restored church of Jesus Christ. I love how our church is EXACTLY the same as the church that Jesus Christ established when he came to the Earth. So many churchs dont even have a clue. Its so important for us to preach this message to everyone. I know this is the true church. There isnt a doubt in my mind.
Our church is so true its ridiculous."





2 comments:
wow, what a neat letter. I'm sure he makes you proud. He is a great missionary.
Isn't it incredible to send a 19 year old young man out on a mission and see such growth. Your son is such a great missionary and an example. Thanks for sharing part of his letter. So you send Ryan out on a mission in August? Our other son, Coty, is just getting his papers finished up (need the photo), so hopefully we will get that together T O D A Y!
Blain and Coty will miss each other by a year. That would be great if your sons could see each other for a short bit in between. It has been such a blessing for our family to have a missionary out, as you know. Okay, one question, how do you get your son to send pictures home? Does he send them with an email or through the regular mail. That is one thing we are still working on, getting pictures from our missionary. Guess I can't complain if that is the worst :)
Post a Comment